How to Fix Assassins Creed Revelations (crashes, freezes, lag, no sound, etc)
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 November 2011 07:19 Written by DarkKnightH20 Wednesday, 16 November 2011 03:34
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (ACR) is now out! This series…is far too fun to be healthy. Really — you can lose hours upon hours of your time far too easily. You can start playing at 6PM, to find out later than it’s already 6AM! This game isn’t available for Steam / Steamworks yet (there was a delay unfortunately), but it is available on Windows XP / Windows 7 / vista (PC), Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 (PS3) consoles. This troubleshooting guide will pertain to the computer (PC) version mostly though. Note that if you are a Mac user, then you will have to wait awhile before the game is released on Macintosh. There is no set release date for that yet, but Ubi is pretty good at releasing titles on Mac OS / OSX.
If you’re outside of the USA, then you can pick up the Animus Edition for extra content, such as a bonsu singleplayer gameplay mission, an exclusive multiplayer character, 3 weapon capacity upgrades, an animated short film, and the original game score soundtrack! You can get the Signature / Delux / Collectors Edition too from Gamespot in the US. Thanks Ubisoft. You can even play this game online, by the way, since it has multiplayer support…so connect with your friends (if you have any!…you do, right?).
So although this game plays perfectly for some people, others may find that they need to troubleshoot to get passed some game bugs, glitches, or errors. We are here to help you though! And if you know any solutions we don’t, then please share!
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Game Controller Not Working
Plug in your Xbox 360 controller or a different one? Too bad, it’s nice to give love to your keyboard and mouse. In any case, try the following:
– Exit the game and reopen it
– Plug the controller in BEFORE you open the game
– Restart your computer
– There are some programs that won’t let your controller work so ensure you have no such thing open
– Ensure your controller drivers are working / upgrade if you can!
– Unplug other USB devices and ensure that you are using the same USB port that you usually do for the controller
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Crashing / Failure to Launch / Freezing
This is pretty broad and applies to when AC:R crashes to desktop (CTD / C2D), fails to launch after you open it (a black screen for instance), or simple becomes frozen or haults / stalls.
– Run the game in Windows XP compatibility mode (on the EXE, right click -> propertes -> then set it here)
– Exit or stop any software that may interfere with the game (some antivirus or firewall software is imfamous for causing crashes)
– Upgrade your drivers for your video card! If you are using very outdated graphics card drivers for your NVIDIA or AMD ATI card, then you will get additional compatibility, as well as optimization done to increase your frame rate / frames per second (FPS) You can find video card drivers here.
– Set your resolution to something more common
– If you use more than one computer monitor, disable them so that only ONE is enabled
– Set the game’s EXE affinity to Core 0 and Core 1 through Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL > Processes > Right Click EXE > Set Affinity). If it doesn’t work then disable it! This is a last resort.
– Run the game as ADMIN / ADMINSTRATOR
Assassin’s Creed: Revelation Lagging
If your game is stuttering, has lag, or you have skipping or choppy frames, then try these tips.
– Lower your game graphics settings, especially the resolution
– Exit every application you don’t need open (web browsers for instance)
– Upgrade your video card drivers. You can find video card drivers here.
– If on Windows Vista or Windows 7, set your compatibility mode to Windows XP and see if it runs any better!
– Turn OFF VSYNC / AntiAliasing (AA)
– Disable NVIDIA 3D VISION
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Has No Sound
Music, sound, and general audio FX are important in a game like ACR. You shouldn’t have to go without them! These tips also help with people who use headphones or headsets too.
– Turn off hardware acceleration by going to Control Panel > Sounds & Audio Devices > Volume > Speaker Settings > Advanced > Performance. Move the hardware acceleration slider all the way to the left. You can also try to lower your Sample Rate Conversion Quality to “GOOD” instead of “BEST”
– If using a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configuration, tell Windows to use 2.1
– Set your audio playback to 16bit 48000hz playback
– Upgrade your sound card’s drivers
– Open DXDIAG and under turn off hardware sound acceleration (Start > RUN > DXDIAG > Sound > DirectX Features)
Xbox 360 ACR Isn’t Working / Bad Performance!
There is one suggested fix here that usually helps if AC:R isn’t working on your Microsoft Xbox 360…and that is to clear your game cache! This usually helps if your game is running slowly too so you may expect a performance increase.
Hardware / System Requirements
Supported OS : Windows® XP SP3 / Windows Vista® SP2 /Windows 7® SP1
Processor: Intel Core®2 Duo E4300 @ 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ @ 2.4GHZ
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® – Windows 7®
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 – compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX® June2010 or newer (libraries included on disc)
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
Others: Temporary broadband connection required for one-time product registration at first launch, permanent broadband connection required for multi-player
Processor: Intel Core®2 Duo E6700 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0Ghz or better
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX® 9.0 – compliant card with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)
Example Supported Cards
AMD Radeon HD2000, HD3000, HD4000, HD5000, HD6000 desktop series
nVidia GeForce 8, GeForce 9, GT200, GT400, GT500 desktop series
Incoming search terms:
- assassins creed revelations crash
- assassins creed revelations no sound
- assassins creed revelations lag
- assassin\s creed revelations crash
- assassin\s creed revelations no sound
- assassins creed revelations lag fix
- assassins creed revelations fix
- assassins creed revelations freeze
- assassins creed revelations sound problem
- assassin\s creed revelations lag
- assassins creed revelations crashes
- assassins creed revelations wont start
- assassins creed revelations freezing
- assassin\s creed revelations lag fix