How to fix "Catalyst Install Manager has stopped working" – Resolved
Last Updated on Monday, 29 December 2014 10:53 Written by Naota Sunday, 25 October 2009 02:46
Note: Ever get the error message “msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer”? Well click here to find out how to fix “msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer” message and play games like Dead Rising 2.
This is a quick article on how to fix that awful “Catalyst Install Manager has stopped working” message that people have been getting on the last three or so versions of catalyst. This may fix other programs for you as well actually.
Step 1. Close all ATI services/processes in task manager (control+alt+delete)
Step 2. Download and run “KB961894 – VC++ Post 2005 SP1 Redistributable” this resolves many issues that people have had. Even if you think you have installed this before, install it again, as many times this is corrupted. Select ENU (vcredist_x86.exe) for 32bit OR ENU (vcredist_x64.exe) for 64Bit.
Step 3. Download, install and run the Microsoft Installer CleanUp Utility. I know this sounds weird but this can solve a lot of the problems. Use it to uninstall catalyst.
Step 4. Download and install CC Cleaner. Run it a few times.
Reboot and try now!
Note: You may need to do this in safe mode.
1. Go to start -> run -> cmd (use administrative privileges)
2. Go to the folder you extracted the ati drivers (the default should be something like C:\\ATI\\SUPPORT\\ ***** ) *** = the folder inside support.
3. Navigate to the BIN (BIN64 for 64 bit OS users) folder (ex: users can type “cd c:\\ati\\support\\*****” to get to that location and then hit enter)
4. Now type atisetup.exe -Install -Output screen
Hopefully that worked.
If this solution does not work there is another more elaborate solution on Driver Heaven that you can try.
Incoming search terms:
- catalyst install manager has stopped working
- catalyst install manager
- catalyst stopped working windows 7
- catalyst install manager has stopped working windows 7
- catalyst has stopped working
- catalyst has stopped working windows 7
- amd catalyst install manager
- ati catalyst has stopped working
- Catalyst install manager crash
- ati catalyst install manager windows 7
- ATI Catalyst stopped working
- ati catalyst install manager
- catalyst fix
- catalyst install manager error