Game Fixes: Super Meat Boy (Crashes, Controllers, Black Screen, Sound, Lag)
Last Updated on Wednesday, 8 December 2010 12:01 Written by DarkKnightH20 Saturday, 4 December 2010 03:40
When you hear the title “Super Meat Boy”…you don’t really think of a game that would be not only fun, but highly addicting. It’s an odd title after all, right? Do not let the title keep you away from this game. It’s fantastic and fast pace and is available for all systems / consoles (Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC) with varied release dates.
Everyone who plays it likes it. Just make sure you follow this guide to troubleshoot any game problems with our provided solutions Note that some issues must be fixed by patches. It’s also not common to have problems with the bandage girl level. Anyway, check out our PC game fixes below to see how to fix your game.
Some general tips for those having trouble launching / opening the game / crashing. Some people may be experiencing a black screen with a cursor showing and sound / audio still working. These suggestions work for that too, as well as lag / stuttering:
– If you’re using Windows 7, right click the game’s exe -> properties — and set the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
– Run the game in administrator mode
– Apply the latest game patch
– Change your resolution (preferably to something lower), and then run the game
– Verify the integrity of your game cache through Steam
– Delete your local content, and then try downloading and re-installing
– Though not commonly necessary for this game, you can try setting the game to run with only 1 or 2 cores by loading task manager while the game is open (CTRL+ALT+DEL), right clicking the game under the processes tab, selecting “set affinity” and then choosing the first 2 cores. This may fix some lag problems or general playability problems
– Though not recommended, you can also try loading task manager as mentioned above, right clicking the game under the “Processes” tab, Set Priority -> High. This generally is not recommended as it can cause instability with the game that can cause your game to freeze. It does not solve a problem if it creates another one, now does it? That’s why I won’t recommend it
It may be your DirectX in this case. It’s suggested you try the following:
Step 1) Navigate to your Steam folder
C:\\Program Files\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\super meat boy\\Prerequisites\\
Step 2) Run the DXSetup and vcredist files to ensure they install
Step 3) Try launching the game again
Step 4) If still not working, then try installing the DirectX End-User Runtime using Microsoft’s Web Installer Here
Game Animation Weird or Game Too Fast
This can be caused by two different problems. The first solution is for those who use the stereoscopic 3D Vision for NVIDIA
– If using 3D Vision, load the NVIDIA Control Panel and disable 3D Vision!
If you’re not using 3D Vision, and have weird animation problems and/or game speed problems, then try–
– Enabling VSYNC in your ATI Catalyst Manager or NVIDIA Control Panel
– Running the game in Window Mode
Game Controller Game Fixes – Non-Xbox Controllers
I saw this recommendation Here and it seems to work wonders for me (I have a Logitech Dual Shock). The game is much easier to play on a gamepad after all than when using a keyboard. If you have issues using your game pad, i.e. you you keep running left or right, or the game simply not working with your game controller (it’s meant for Xbox game controllers) then try this:
Step 1) Download JoyToKey
Step 2) After configuring your controller, unplug it and load the Super Meat Boy
Step 3) Plug your controller back in and it should be working now.
Still not working? Try this (thanks Pez0):
Step 1) Download the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator
Extract into your game folder
C:\\Program Files\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\super meat boy\\
Step 3) Configure your buttons and set “Fake Mode” in the options area to “Normal”
Step 4) A DLL will be made, xinput1_3.dll — copy this into your game directory and rename it to xinput9_1_0.dl
Step 5) Save the controller profile, exit the program, and launch the game!
Game Has Static Noise
This is a very easy game fix!
Step 1) Go to Options
Step 2) Turn your volume down to 100
If you know any other game fixes for Super Meat Boy or need help with game fixes, then leave a comment and we’ll try to help you out if we can!
Incoming search terms:
- super meat boy runtime error
- super meat boy fix
- super meat boy patch
- super meat boy gamepad problem
- super meat boy speed bug
- super meat boy crash
- super meat boy windows 7
- super meat boy could not create mastering voice
- super meat boy problem
- super meat boy no sound
- super meat boy gamepad
- super meat boy not working
- SUPER MEAT BOY PROBLEMS
- super meat boy patch download