BreadcrumbsHome / Civilization V Gods and Kings Error MoveFile Failed Code 3 Fix Solved
Civilization V Gods and Kings Error MoveFile Failed Code 3 Fix Solved
Last Updated on Saturday, 11 August 2012 03:38 Written by Naota Friday, 10 August 2012 11:47
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory :
MoveFile failed; code 3.
- Install Civilization V on your C drive with a short name. I saved it as “Civ5” (c:\Civ5) and will reference it as such.
- Install any updates you want. I patched up and installed the other DLCS first
- Install Civilization V Gods and Kings in the same Civ5 folder. When prompted if you want to install in the same folder, hit yes.
- Install any remaining patches and play
Error MoveFile Failed Code 3 is due to the fact that the path was too long in length when saved in Program Files. This is because there are way too many folders in Civilization.
I hope this guide helps someone, as when making this test, my Civ V install went rogue and deleted half my programs/games when I was testing other solutions. ugh lol
Incoming search terms:
- movefile failed code 3
- civilization 5 gods and kings install error
- civilization 5 gods and kings installation error
- civ 5 gods and kings install error
- movefile failed code 3 gods and kings
- civilization v gods and kings error movefile failed code 3